Thursday, December 21, 2017

Bias

In today’s political world experts are surprised at the partisanship and many act as if it is something new. Back in the 1956 election, I actively campaigned for Stevenson when he ran the second time against Ike. I was only 19 and not old enough to vote at that time but I was still interest in the election. In order to keep up with events I would go to the library and read copies of day old newspapers. I read the Chicago Tribune and the St Louis Post Dispatch. I was often amazed at the coverage. It was so biased that I often had trouble believing they were covering the same story. Point is that this type of news coverage has been around for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. My college communications professor said: “the sole purpose of the media is simply to deliver an audience to an advertiser.”

    ReplyDelete