Saturday, May 5, 2012

Auto ins

For some time now I have expressed concern about the financial stability of auto insurance companies. They are all begging people to change policies every six months and this is very costly for them. I mentioned that it is difficult for them to reduce benefits as many are set by law but most have other lines of casualty insurance and one of the main ones is home owners. Last week I got a letter from GMAC who has my home owner’s policy letting me know that they were reducing my benefits and yesterday I got my renewal and the price went from $917 to $1,378. I will be changing companies since a 50% increase is a little much. The Net is filled with stories about GMA|C’s problems. When you have to raise premiums that fast I think the company is going broke but just hasn’t figured it out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment