Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My son

Remembrance 6th Anniversary In the early years after my son died, I often asked myself why this happened and I would console myself by saying that God has a plan but those were only words and I needed more. This past year the plan has begun to unfold and it has to do with how I see the future. I have always been optimistic but now I have this feeling that there is something important, something of significance in which I will be involved and play a prominent roll. It will center around ways to help others and I will use my experience and knowledge in a manner that will be different than in the past. I feel a new enthusiasm about the days ahead and it has put a spring in my step. I have been blessed with good health and I don’t intend to waste it but will use my energy in ways that will be new and exciting. I find myself telling my grandchildren that I plan on living to age 100 and that I will see them accomplish their dreams. I write to them passing on some of my life experiences hoping to encourage them to think positive and helping them to face and overcome obstacles. I have started a new career as a teacher which presents me with opportunities to affect the lives of young people in positive ways. But There are still times when my thoughts drift back through the years and I write Memories linger in the quiet darkness Recalling thoughts from the subconscious The miracle of a new born child A toddler just learning his first words Playing in the snow and walking to school Piano lessons in the early morn Playing catch before the dawn School conferences filled with pride Walking to the games side by side Junior High and growing up fast Childhood years that just won’t last High schools gone and off he went All grown up and on his own How quickly the time has flown Mystery tells me some thing’s wrong Trouble cries out the same old song A friend calls says my boys not well His life is just a living hell Treatment helps but just for a while I remember his friendly smile Not much for me to do this time It’s in the hands of the Divine

No comments:

Post a Comment