Sunday, October 9, 2016

Trump's tapes

As the big hoopla explodes over Trumps remarks about women, I am reminded of a book I read many years ago entitled, “The Best and Brightest” by David Halberstam. It was about the Kenndy, Johnson years and some of their private conversations. The liaisons with women not with standing there were other memorable lines. Johnson was riding out on his farm in Texas and stopped to pee and told his secret service guys to take a look as his penis and then said something and I paraphrase here, it’s like a rattle snake. When it comes to the civil rights movement many democrats like Johnson claim to have altruistic motives but here are some quotes that many shed a different light. I'll have them niggers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years". "Son, when I appoint a nigger to the court, I want everyone to know he's a nigger." Every one of my age remembers the language on the Nixon tapes. From what I know about Trump these remarks do not surprise me but what it interesting is the reaction by so many politicians who might be just a little uncomfortable of their private conversations were published, but we have to play the game of I would never say anything that was hurtful to anyone or any group. And if I did it would never be that bad. There are a lot of glass houses around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment