Sunday, August 16, 2020

Mask and common sense

Last week the United Arab Emirates (UAE) resumed normal relationships with Israel. 31 members of the United Nations do not recognize Israel as a state and UAE was one of those. The lead story in the news the following day was that Biden recommended that everyone ware masks outside. Another story that day said the computer models project that if everyone wore a mask it would prevent 40,000 deaths. They could have said 140,000 and it would have meant no difference. People understand that mask have become political and thus any science about mask is suspect. I get up at 4 AM and after I shower and do a little house cleaning, I go for a 2 hour walk and then I drive down to the river and fish for a couple of hours. I live 6 miles out in the country and so I don't wear a mask when I walk or when I drive or when I fish since I am the only one around. Wearing a mask at those times makes no sense. When I go to Walmart I wear a mask mostly because it is required. I never cough or sneeze in anyone's face and I rarely talk to anyone in the store but if I do I maintain a safe distance. I know from watching my breath on cold days that the condensate goes out about two feet so staying four feet away is sufficient. I also understand the the virus can go in and out of the mask without any interference and once in the air is spread throughout the store by the AC. The point I am making is that I use common sense when it comes to the virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment