Sunday, November 24, 2013

Iran

I have an old friend who is a right wing Republican and when a democrat gets elected to the White House his only lament is foreign policy. His claim is that the country can recover from any domestic changes the president may make but we are vulnerable to his foreign policy. I have not talked with this man for 20 years but my guess is that he is worried that Obama may turn his back on Israel to get a deal with Iran and lock the US into a long term commitment that will allow the Iranis to complete their nuclear program. The Presidents motive being that he wants to divert attention away from the current domestic mess. I am naïve enough to believe that Presidents would put the country ahead of their personal agenda but I can’t be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment