Tuesday, August 29, 2017

School

As I begin my 5th year as a substitute teacher, I realize that since I have been in every classroom in middle and high school that I have a unique perspective and have some ideas to pass on to the district, ideas that I believe will be helpful. First: Take care of your teachers. Second: Keep disruptive students out of the classroom. Third: Concentrate on the three R’s. Teachers should be given the time, training and tools to get the job done. Reward those who desire to improve their skills and remove those who don’t. Principals should always have the teachers back and the office door should always be open. When it comes time to cut the budget, cut everywhere but the three R’s. If a student graduates with a desire to read and the skill to write the student will become a productive citizen. 95% of what I have learned in life came after I left high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment