Thursday, June 25, 2020

Beck rally

I had always wanted to attend one of the rallies at the National Mall and ten years ago I took the bus to join Glenn Beck and 100,000 others in something Beck called Restoring Honor Rally. I met a lot of people on the bus and at the rally. My take is that they were the remnants of the silent majority with many of the Reagan democrats thrown in. They were mostly blue collar types with a few professional and they were all white. These people morphed into the Tea Party. When I left there one thing that stuck in my mind was how everyone cleaned up the place. All the trash was piled up in special places designated for trash. Years later I watched groups like Occupy Wall Street and witnessed the mess they left. In addition there was no looting and vandalism with the Tea Party. Rioting and causing property damage mostly hurts the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment