Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Elections

As I observe the run up to the coming presidential election, I am reminded of something that I wrote, tongue in cheek, about 20 years ago. I was watching a TV show where President Bush 41 was talking with Magic Johnson about AIDS and the thought came to me that there sat The President earning $200,000 a year and Magic earning 2 million and why is that? Then the answer came to me loud and clear. While Magic could be President there was no way that Bush could play point guard for the Lakers. In our society you can earn a lot of money if you can do something that very few others can do and I reasoned that anyone could be president. As I look at this year’s field of contestants, I think that what I said as a kind of joke, has now come to pass. I believe that a reasonably intelligent person could use their personal life’s experience along with their God given common sense and be president. In the past this was not possible because the political system would not allow it but that seems to be changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment