Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Joe 6 pack

People are asking themselves why is it that Trump has such large enthusiastic crowds but is doing so poorly in the polls. My father was a milk man and I was raised in blue collar neighborhood. During my work career I was a plant manager in four different states and got to know the factory workers on a personal basis. I owned a working man’s neighborhood bar for many years and saw the average Joe at his worst and at his best. I feel I can speak with some authority based on life experiences about the plight of the working stiff. Many of these men believed that George Wallace was right when he said there is not a dime worth of difference between Republicans and Democrats. They felt that politicians may be honest when they are first elected but soon become part of the establishment and lose their moral compass. Many of these men quit voting years ago and if some pollster calls them they are likely to just hang up or worse give the person a piece of their mind and then hand up. In addition many polls only call people who have a voting record. Perhaps Trump knows this and realizes that if the people vote with the same enthusiasm that they show at his rallies he will win. It is possible or maybe even likely. Maybe Joe 6 pack is about to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment