Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Evil

I found your discussion of the devil quite interesting as this is something I have given considerable thought to over the years. Keeping in mind that my ideas on significant matters tend to evolve over the years, so what I think today may not be the same in the future but as of now I have concluded that there is no devil. Rest assured that I understand there is plenty of evil in the world and it comes in large and small doses. While the big events like the Holocaust get plenty of attention, I think of the dad who calls out to his son when he drops the ball that he plays like a girl or the mom who tells her daughter that she will never amount to anything as examples of evil. As far as the mentally disturbed guy in the bible lesson, I never equate evil with mental illness and up until you mentioned it, I hadn’t given to much thought to degrees of evil. I will have to think some more on that.E

No comments:

Post a Comment