Friday, July 26, 2013

Wiener

I embarrassed to say that I have been following the ongoing saga of New York mayoral candidate Anthony Wiener and am just a bit confused. He admits to sexting a number of women and then lying about it. He resigned from congress and after he said he stopped this activity he did it again and this time had to fess up because the women went public. Now he is being asked to resign from the race because he lied to his wife and to the public about sexting. I too believe he should drop out of the race because of these offenses but that leads me to the dilemma. Former President Clinton had sex with a subordinate in the Oval Office and lied to his wife and the public about it and he didn’t have to resign and today is held in high esteem as represented by his 60 plus percent approval rating. What is it that I am missing here?

No comments:

Post a Comment