Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Student loans

I went to college in the 50’s when most of us worked full time and went to school part time. We were called SOTA’s or students older than average. I majored in Chemistry and had 44 semester hours of Chemistry courses, ten hours of Physics and 20 hours of math along with the electives. The country is in need of science and engineering grads and I propose a new degree called a BA Tech. You would only take the required technical courses and be able to graduate in four years or less. Chemistry courses, like most majors, must be taken in sequence thus the need for four years. A person could work full time and take 8 or 9 hours each semester. Now days many serious students take AP course in high school and could complete some of the math and even first year Chemistry and graduate in three years. When I finished I had a job with nine years work experience and money in the bank. This would eliminate the need for student loans. I am writing to ask if this is possible and if so what do you think of the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment