Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Strong and wrong

Bill Clinton said, "When people are insecure, they'd rather have somebody who is strong and wrong than someone who's weak and right," That is a tough choice but I agree with Clinton. My reasoning is that if I am strong I can change my mind when presented with new information but if I appear weak, I won’t be able to change. Using the current candidates for President, consider the differences between Trump and Carson. A guy like Trump could change his mind about a temporary stop to Muslims coming into the country but Carson could never project strength like Trump is doing. It is one thing to change your mind on an issue but quite another thing to change your personality. Even if you tried that, the people would see right through it. I don’t know what these two candidates are really like but Trump is perceived as strong and Carson is not. It might just be a lot of bombastic talk but the perception is that Trump is strong and Carson is not and more to the point, Obama based on recent polls, is seen as weak on terrorism.

No comments:

Post a Comment