Sunday, November 20, 2016

Government private

In Grand Forks, like many university towns, there was a program called Communiversity. This is where professors would put on classes of public interest on the four Sunday nights in February. The last year of this program I was invited to be on the board and to advice on the type of courses that would interest the public. In fact I was asked because they thought I would be good at soliciting donations from local business to advertise the program. In any event I quickly discovered that at the meetings the default position was to postpone things until the next meeting. I was of the opinion that what we accomplished in 6 weeks could have been done the two weeks. I bring this up at this time because of the way in which Trump is adding to his staff. He is way ahead of most former presidents at this time and I believe he will continue at this pace. There is a difference between the way private verses government works. I realize when companies get big enough they start to act more like government but since Trump is a one man show that did not happen to him. He often boast of completing jobs early and below cost and that too is what can happen when you are in charge of the whole operation. When you are in charge of everything, decisions can be made quickly and then you must accept the results good or bad. Trump will find that government moves slow and this may not be to his liking but it may save him and the country from some bad decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment