Thursday, November 24, 2016

School bus

This week a school bus ran off the road and children were injured and killed. The first reports showed the driver to be a young black man and many assumed there were drugs involved. Later reports indicate that was not the case. I drove a school bus and have a possible answer to why he was speeding and on a different route. The drivers in most districts take kids to elementary, then middle school and finally high school. This is why the schools have different starting times. I recall one particular route that required me to speed in order to get to the second school on time. I pointed this out to the district and do not know if anything was ever done about it. If a driver is running late he gets a call on the radio asking what happened. It is possible that this driver faced that problem and not only went faster but knew of a shorter route. I will wait until the final report but I am not ready to convict him at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment