Sunday, March 8, 2020

Anniversary

Today is our 52nd wedding anniversary. On our 25th anniversary, I planned a surprise party for Eunice. Besides having guest over, I went all around trying to find a copy of the Anniversary Waltz and finally a local disc jockey got me a tape which I played at the party and Eunice and I danced in the kitchen. Today what are called love stories often center around the bedroom but if you want to see a real love story watch the movie, The Egg And I, with Fred McMurray and Claudette Colbert. They have had a tumultuous first year and they are living on a chicken farm. On the evening of their first anniversary he comes to the house from the barn and looking through the window he sees she has prepared a candlelight dinner and she is in her wedding dress. He sneaks in the back door and puts on his wedding suit and they both dance to the anniversary waltz. That is what I call a love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment