Saturday, March 14, 2020

Teledoc

While I don't have any chronic underlying medical conditions, I am 82 and in the group that is vulnerable to the flu and the concept of teledoc can be a great benefit. With this new approach if I feel a cold or flu coming on, I can call a medical professional and discuss my symptoms. If they conclude my situation is mild they will recommend that I stay home for a few days and call back if things worsen. At that point they will mail me a swab and I swab my nasal area and return the swab for testing. If it test positive they may then recommend hospitalization. The test takes 24 hours once the sample is received. This is so much more efficient than trying to make an appointment with the doctor and going to the office and possibly contaminating others. Kudos to who ever came up with this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment