Saturday, December 29, 2012

Car insurance

I just came across an example of how technology is making me obsolete. When I was in the insurance business it was well knows that the company took a loss in the first year of a policy primarily because of agent commissions. I had been watching these car insurance companies encouraging people to change plans and I personally have been changing on a regular basis based on cost. What I didn’t realize is that with the onset of computer insurance there is no longer any need for an agent and thus no commissions. I recently discovered that All State, the second largest insurer, now has an online company called Esurance and their rates are lower. I think this spells the end of car insurance agents as more and more people switch every year for lower cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment