Monday, January 16, 2017

Circus

Over the years I have often read stories about certain animals going extinct and how steps were being taken to save them. One that got a lot of publicity was the giant Panda but there were many others like tigers and other African species. The loss of these animals never really affected me as I knew that I would not be taking any safaris but would be happy to observe these animals on video. As a kid I went to the circus a couple of times and there I saw animals without the expense of a trip to some far off place. Now the circus is closing and one of the reasons is that starting a few years ago they had to get rid of their elephants and these were a big attraction. It was pressure from animal rights people who cause the circus to make the decision to put the elephants out to pasture. Now future generations of children will no longer go to the circus and I wonder about this. Maybe they will just have to be satisfied seeing the circus on video.

No comments:

Post a Comment