Thursday, January 19, 2017

Intuition

It is becoming more evident each day that Trump relies more heavily on instinct than most. He has even given his cabinet appointees free reign so that they may fall back on their gut feelings. This can be quite effective for those who have good instincts. On a personal note I moved many times over the years and thus was involved in purchasing a number of homes and I always followed the same procedure. I would carefully evaluate each property based on its age, price per square foot, location, utilities, taxes and interest rates. At the end of all these calculations I eventually found myself sitting in a room with the sellers and the broker and after listening carefully to their presentation I would look at my wife and if she nodded I would say OK, we will take it. This always worked out pretty well so while my intuitive skills are not anything exceptional my wife seems to have the knack. Many successful business people use this approach and so experience does show that it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment