Monday, April 16, 2018

Comey

As I watched the Comey interview last night, I was reminded of that old movie, Twelve Angry Men" wherein Henry Fonda would answer every accusation of gilt with a possible reason and he would say, isn't it possible. I was thinking of how this would affect a person. Do you think John has stolen things? It's possible. Do you think John is a closet gay? It's possible. Do you think John is a pedophile? It's possible. Do you think John is an adulterer? It's possible. As I watched Comey answer the leading questions which were designed to garner the largest audience with it's possible, I begin to wonder how the one man who has access to all the government secrets could only answer the way anyone might answer. This sort of thing, trial by press is more and more the norm. I am convinced that anyone accused should exercise the right to remain silent. Something is remiss in our justice system and it behooves everyone to take note or as the old adage goes, first they come for the Jew and then they come for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment