Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Good students

When I was in college in the 50’s there were very few scholarships available. I didn’t know anyone who received a scholarship and I knew most of the good students in two high schools. There were no Pell Grants and no student loan programs. Most of us worked at part time jobs because we had the time and we needed some extra money for school items and entertainment. For serious students today I would recommend that they not work and spend that time doing homework. If you are a good student and work hard you can earn far more in scholarship money than you could make by working. It is true that you gain more benefits from working than just money but with the number of scholarships available it is well worth it to get the good grades needed to qualify for college help. I will agree that there are some students who must work because their families need the financial help but those are the exceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment