Friday, March 16, 2012

1% vs 99%

Since there has been so much talk about the 1% vs the 99% I decided to get my share of what the rich have but in order to be fair I want to share with all of my fellow one percenters. The top one percent earned 1.68 trillion and are composed of 1.5 million taxpayers. That leaves 140 million that make up the 99%. I say we take all of their money and distribute it among the rest of us and we will each get $15,000.
Now look ahead one year and ask yourself what has that $15,000 done for each of the 99%. Have their lives been improved and if so in what ways. If the changes have not been significant do we repeat the process and give each another $15,000. If we do that year after year how much better off will the 99% be in ten years or twenty years. My personal experience tells me that I would soon adjust to my new income level and would pretty much be in the same position that I am today.
Andrew Carnegie once said that if you gave everyone in the country an equal share of the money, within ten years those that have it now would have it back. I think he might have been on to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment