Friday, March 16, 2012

Caucus

In 2008 I attended the Democratic Caucus meeting and last night I attended the Republican Caucus. The thing I liked about both is the ease in which a person with no previous experience can get involved. I feel that if you are willing to do some leg work and make some phone calls you could quickly get into a position where you could make a difference.
As I evaluate what is going in this year, I see the Republicans saying that if Obama had not spent all of the government money the economy would have recovered more quickly and the Democrats say that if Obama had not spent all that money the economy would still be in recession. I suppose these are politically safe things to say since neither can be proven, but it doesn’t help a person who is trying to decide for whom to vote.
I have a good friend who is a solid liberal and he always votes democratic because it is the principals that define the party that gets his vote. Perhaps that is a better way to look at things rather than trying to evaluate candidates.

No comments:

Post a Comment