Sunday, January 20, 2019

Ageism

These days family and good health are the most important things in my life but I am also excited about Youtube and sub-teaching. Music is soul food and I can hear songs both current and from years ago and I spend many enjoyable hours listening. Teaching is great because I can choose the days I work and the schools I go to. I choose high school and science, math and social studies. If my wife isn't feeling well I can stay home. One day a ninth grader said, you sure know a lot of stuff and I answered yes and when you're 81 you will know lots of stuff. I am qualified by education and experience for many different jobs but when I interview, people get very nervous. They need not worry because I am not a litigious person and their excuse that I am over qualified will suffice but ageism is rampant in today's would.

No comments:

Post a Comment