Tuesday, February 21, 2023

US troops

Every time I see a retired general on TV saying how important it is that we kick Russia out of Ukraine I sit up on the edge of my chair and mouth out the next question for the interviewer. Are you willing to put American troops on the ground in Ukraine in order to defeat Putin. I ask the same question of my fellow Americans. How would you answer the question. Biden said today. A day after his secret visit to Kyiv, President Biden promised that Ukraine will never be a victory for Russia. Can we now assume that Biden will send US soldiers to fight in Ukraine if that is what it takes to defeat Russia. Our pattern of behavior up to this point has been when Russia escalates we escalate. Will that mean if they use theater nukes we will use theater nukes. Does this conversation make you uncomfortable. Would it be better if these things were not brought up.

No comments:

Post a Comment