Monday, September 18, 2023

Dress code

It was announced today that US Senators can wear hoodies and shorts on the senate floor. I immediately thought of my first day working as a sub teacher. I put on my suit and was pleased to see when I got to school that was not necessary. Now I wear Khakis and polo shirts. Some teachers still wear a tie and some of the women still wear dresses and they look more professional to me. Some female teachers wear jeans that are faded with holes. I think they do this to be more like the students and that is not a good idea. It's like a parent who wants to be their child's playmate. When I worked as a financial adviser I did not go to work in a tee shirt and shorts. Certain professions require a dress code and I believe US senator is one of those professions. As I think more about it maybe teachers should wear suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment