Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Cold outside

Last year a song called, Baby It's Cold Outside, became news worthy because of the interest in date rape exposed by the Me Too groups. The lyrics to some indicate that the guy is pressuring the gal to do things she would rather not. This song was popular when I was in high school but there was another one even more controversial by today's standards called, There's Yes Yes In Her Eyes. Here is a sample. Your lips tell me no no But there's yes yes in your eyes I've been missing your kissing just because I wasn't wise I'll stop my scheming and dreaming 'cause I realize Your lips tell me no no But there's yes yes in your eyes This whole new way of looking at things upsets the way people used to think. It is mindful of the old saying that he chased her until she caught him.

No comments:

Post a Comment