Saturday, January 29, 2022

Smiles

Smiling releases endorphins, which helps a person feel happier and more positive. When I sub I always stand at the door and welcome the students so they can see that I am looking forward to working that day. I tell the other teachers that I try to win the students over with my friendly smile. The past two years I have not seen any smiles and the students have not seen my smile. One of the more important things students learn in school is how to read people by watching their body language and their facial expressions. The wearing of masks makes this difficult and these children, especially in the lower grades, will have to play catch up. When students leave school and go out into the work place it is imperative that they have these social skills. With the benefit of hindsight, schools should have remained open and without masking students.

No comments:

Post a Comment