Friday, June 8, 2018

School awards

Yesterday I attended my grandson's 8th grade graduation ceremony and the top 25 students out of about 300 were brought up on the stage for special recognition. I immediately noticed that 19 of the 25 were young ladies. I think this is representative of what is happening around the country. In the many classrooms I work in including 5 high schools and 6 middle schools, it is the norm for the female students to be more serious about their studies. Both their demeanor and their deportment are more mature. They are more likely to stay on task and ask questions. All of this is paying off in big ways as they work their way through the educational system. The young men are falling behind and it does not seem to be of much concern to those in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment