Saturday, June 16, 2018

Tevye

One of my favorite shows is, "Fiddler On The Roof" and one of my favorite scenes was when the star of the show Tevye is talking with a group of men and one makes a point and Tevye says "yes" and the another makes just the opposite point and Tevye says "yes" and then the groups points that out and Tevye says "yes" I can listen to a logically presented argument and agree and then I can hear the opposite presented in a logical manner and agree and I find I am just like Tevye. This is one of the downfalls for a person who listens with his head and not with his heart. There is tendency to become too tolerant. Do not make a virtue of tolerance lest you end up standing for nothing. I envy those who react emotionally since they always no where they stand on a complex issue. They may not be able to offer legitimate reasons why they believe as they do but in their hearts they know where they stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment