Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Subbing

Schools have changed since the start of the pandemic, both for the teachers and the students. Up until two years ago, I could sub in just about any class and conduct a lesson. I was knowledgeable in the areas of science and math and for social studies and English, I could read the lesson in the morning and then conduct a Q &A with the class. When I subbed for a foreign language the teacher would not expect the sub to be fluent and so the lesson was either a test or a movie. All that has changed. Now when I get to school I merely point out that the lesson is on schoology and then my responsibility is just to take attendance and be the adult in the room. I bring this up because there is a dire need for subs and any retired person could easily handle the job. You merely send in a copy of your diploma and have a back ground check and your in. You can work one day a week or five and you can choose your school and grade level. It is a chance for you to pay back by helping the schools, the students and the teachers. You can also make some extra money to send off to that grandchild who is away in college. You will stay young being around young people. Its a win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment