Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Car insurance

I contacted my car insurance company, Progressive, to inform them that I replaced my 08 Honda Civic with an 07 Toyota Corolla and was told my rate would increase from $426 per six months to $575. I asked if this was because everything is going up or because of the car and the lady told me it was because of the car. I asked why that is and she said the computer figures the rates and so I asked her who told the computer and she said she didn't no. Yes, I was being a smart ass but I am amazed at how much they spend trying to get new customers and how little concern they have for existing customers. When I called I waited for some lengthy time listening to a computer voice tell me that my call was important. When the finally answered, I couldn't adequately reply to any of the questions so I used a little trick I picked up and just said, representative. But I couldn't fool them the voice asked for more details to I said I want to cancel my insurance and a voice said, I will connect you to the next available agent. After waiting a considerable time while hearing a voice say my call was important a lady answered and I had the above conversation. Later I looked on line and after filling out a few generic forms no one called even though each site promised that a agent would call me. Since I received no calls, I assumed that my existing company had the best rates. So I will just pay the extra amount had fix breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment