Friday, August 12, 2022

Politicians

When I was a young man people, older and supposedly wiser, would often describe politicians as all being crooks and I would quickly come to their defense saying that while some are crooked most are not. Later in life I concluded, that while most who enter politics do so with the idea of making a positive contribution to the country, many fall under the seductive influence of the Washington culture and all too many drift away from their original intentions. Since the main objective of news agencies is get and keep an audience the news is about the bad stuff. As Walter Cronkite once said, I hope I never have to come on the news and report that 5,000 airplanes flew today and none crashed. Most people today, unlike myself, do not watch that much political news. For those who do we are deluged with republicans pointing out the lies of the democrats and democrats pointing out the lies of republicans. It is easy to fall back into the days of my youth when people said all politicians are crooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment