Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Nuclear

I sent an email to a man named Kevin Anderson who is listed as an expert on climate change. He is a proponent of wind and solar and I pointed out the reasons why I felt that the answer was small nuclear reactors. In my short paragraph I offered details about nuclear like it being always available, and not needed a lot of newly mined materials. I said in time everyone will come around to small thorium reactors. His response surprised me. Here is what he wrote. “Everyone will come around to small thorium reactors.”  “Each group has committed to a given position and they are unwilling or unable to see beyond their position.”  Self reflection is an important practice in progressing our thinking. It appears you’re not applying your critique of others to yourself. What gives you this amazing authority to see clearly what others are unable to see? It suggests either arrogance or you’re a deity? He chose not to address the points about nuclear that I presented but rather to criticize me even to the point of name calling. It is my contention that he was not able to counter my points on nuclear so he resorted to a different line of attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment